Summary: This Pope Tech guide covers how to upload a CSV file to append a website’s URI list.
The CSV upload can be used to:
- Set the initial list of URIs for a site
- Append an existing URI list
What is the required format for my CSV file?
CSV file format:
- The CSV file should only have two columns of data: Title and URI. Both columns must be there.
- During the Import, the platform will discard the first row of data containing the Headers, “Title” and “URI” will be discarded. If you have your first URI in this row, it will be discarded.
- Providing titles for each URI is optional. The first column of data can be left empty as long as the second column of data has the valid URIs. When the platform scans a page, it will add the HTML title that is on the target Web page.
- Download CSV Demo File
How do I upload my CSV file?
- On the Websites page in the platform, select the website you want to append your URI list.
- On that selected website’s page, in the “Pages” Widget, select the “Upload URI List” button.
- Select the “Choose File” button and browse to choose your CSV file from your computer.
- Import the URIs in the CSV file by selecting the “Save” button.
This should upload list of URIs. They should now be visible on the same page.
If I upload a CSV list and there are already URIs for that Web page, does it delete the existing URIs or append the new URIs to the existing list?
A CSV upload appends the new URIs to the existing URI list. It doesn’t check for duplicate entries or errors. If duplicates exist in URI list, they will be scanned and tallied in duplicate in the results.
I incorrectly entered my URI list, how do I fix this? Can I just delete out one or two URIs?
Yes. Once the URIs are added to a website, they can be managed from the same page. You can search and filter by URI or Page Title, you can also archive, delete, or move single pages, or selected pages. The guide Advanced management of URI lists provides more information on this topic.