Summary: This guide reviews some of the advanced features that can be used to modify the URIs on a websites URI list. The URI list management tools provide authorized users with the ability to archive, delete, export a CSV of the URI list, move pages, and otherwise view and managing the URI list.
Only users with permission to “Manage Websites” have access to manage URI lists. (For more about assigning user permissions and roles, review the guide How to manage users roles and permissions.)
(If you have not reviewed the guide on How to add websites, it is recommended you do so before reviewing this guide.)
The URI list is the list of Web pages that have been linked to a website in the scanning Platform. Only active pages in the URI list will be included in a Web Accessibility Scan of the website. It is important that a websites URI list is correctly specified.
Location of the URI list management tools
The URI list management tools can be accessed by activating the Websites button in the main menu. Located on the bottom of the Websites view is a list of websites added to the account. Select the website you want to manage and activate its Action button.
This will bring you to the “Edit Website” page for the website you selected. The URI list and URI list management tools are located at the bottom of “Edit Website” page for the selected website.
The URI management tools
The URI management tools allow authorized users the ability to add, filter, archive, move, download, delete, and otherwise manage the Web pages on the URI list. Additionally, the URI management tools allow users to change the view options for the URI list.
Adding new pages to the URI list
The guide How to add websites gives detailed information on how to add new pages to the URI list.
Filtering the URI list
The URI list can be filtered by title or URI. You can include the whole title/URI or word or word fragment.
Steps to filtering the URI list
- Type in the title/URI, word, word fragment, or symbol you want in a search.
- (optional) you can designate whether or not you want the search to include all Web pages (default), only active, or only archived Web pages.
- Activating the filtering button will filter based on selected criteria.
- The URI list view will update to include only the URIs that match the criteria selected.
Archive, move, download CSV, and delete pages
The website archive, delete and move pages allows the ability to search by URI or page title and select all pages that match to archive, delete or move them to another website. Pages can be individually managed or multiple pages can be selected for the same action.
Archiving a page
Archiving a page will keep any past scan data and will prevent the crawler from finding that page on future crawls.
Steps to archiving a page
- Search for the desired page by URI or by pages title
- (optional) you can choose to search All, Active, or Archived pages.
- Select the filter button and will filter the URI list only display the pages that met the selected criteria.
- Choose the pages you want to archive. You can choose one page at a time or you can select the checkbox in the header row to select all pages (and then unselect any not wanted).
- Select the “Change Status” button, it has the eye icon and select Archive.
This will move all of the selected pages out of Your Active URI list and out of your scanning bucket. Because the pages are archived and not deleted, they will not be added again to this website on future crawls.
Moving a page
Moving a page will delete the scan data off of the current website and move the page to the selected website. You can only move a page to a website with the same base URL.
Steps to moving a page
- Select the page(s) you would like to move.
- Select the move button (two horizontal, parallel arrows pointing in opposite directions). This should open up a pop-up Move Pages window.
- Select the location of the target website. You can only move pages to a website with an identical hostname (base url).
- Select the confirm button to finalize the move.
It is important to note that by moving a page, all of scanning history for that page will be lost.
Export a CSV file of URI list
To export pages:
- (optional) filter to find the pages you want included in your CSV export
- select the pages you want to export
- and activate the export button (the button with download image).
Deleting a page
Deleting a page (or pages) will permanently remove the page and delete all scan data for that page, future crawls will find this page again. If you don’t want future crawls to include a web page, you should archive it (more information on archiving pages is included previously in this guide).
Deleting a page is the same process as archiving, but instead of changing status, you select the delete button, with the trash can icon. Deleting requires double confirmation.
Change URI list view options
On the top-right side of the URI list are two buttons, the first button, with the refresh image, can be used to refresh the URI list (something that might be useful if you want to check on the URI during a crawl).
The second button, with the bulleted lines, displays different view options with checkboxes. Selecting or deselecting these checkboxes will toggle on and off the Indexing number, the web page selector checkbox, the Web page title, the URI list, and the Action buttons (which currently only contains a link to the Web page). All of the check-boxes except Actions are selected by default.