Summary: Pope Tech exportable Accessibility reports can be customized to fit your diverse accessibility needs. Exportable reporting formats include: Email Overview, HTML, CSV, and PDF in addition to the reporting inside of the Pope Tech platform.
For information on how to create reports, please review Website Accessibility Reporting.
Reporting options and information included in this document:
- Report Format: Email Overview
- Email Overview: Page Summary
- Email Overview: Result Summary
- How to Customize the Result Summary and Result Detail Reports
- Report Format: HTML
- Report Type: Summary
- Report Type: Page Detail
- Report Type: Result Detail
- Report Format: CSV
- Report Format: PDF
- Additional Report Options and Information
Report Format: Email Overview
The Email Overview report comes in two types:
Email Overview: Page Summary
The default report is the Email Overview. It is designed for impact. This is an email-only report that is built with accessibility at the forefront of its design. The Email Overview will give a quick, but effective view into the accessibility state of your website(s). Email Overview features include:
- Errors per page – The number of errors per page across all pages included in the report
- Pages – The number of web pages included in the report
- Total Errors – The total number of errors across all pages included in the report
- Total Alerts – The total number of alerts across all pages included in the report
- Change over time – Numeric indicators that show the difference of errors and alerts since the last report
- Top two Most Common Errors – The most common errors will show the issues that happen the most frequently. This gives accessibility teams a great place to focus on their accessibility efforts, whether it be remediation, training, etc.
Email Overview: Result Summary
The Result Summary report is similar to the Page Summary, but instead of giving a page overview, it is designed to specifically capture a results-view of the website(s). Using default settings, the Result Summary report will list the top 10 Accessibility Errors and Alerts that are found across the website(s).
This report can be heavily customized to include as many or as few results as wanted. Results can include any or all of the six WAVE categories, including Errors, Contrast Errors, Alerts, Structure, Features, and ARIA.
How to customize the Result Summary and Result Detail reports
The Result Summary report has several preset configurations including:
- Errors and Alerts – the default preset which includes all results within the Errors, Contrast Errors, and Alerts categories
- Images – includes all image-related results from all categories
- Headings – includes all headings-related results from all categories
- All – includes all results from all categories
- Custom – The option to pick and choose as few or as many as results as wanted. If you wanted a summary of a single result (example: summary of only contrast errors), this would be the report type/configuration to select.
Along with presets, the Result Summary report includes search filters that can quickly bring up entire WAVE categories or individual results. To use the filters:
- Deselect any selected results by activating the Select All checkbox and confirm that Selected Results = 0
- Select a category or enter a search term (such as “link”) and activate the Apply button
- Any applicable results will be listed below. To select them all, activate the Select All checkbox. For more customized selection, you can select individual results by activating each corresponding checkbox.
- Activate the Set Results button
Report Format: HTML
The HTML report is a downloadable report that is saved in the HTML (.html) file format. It can be created in three types:
HTML and PDF Report Type: Summary
The Summary report is an overview of pages, errors, and alerts that includes a list of the most common errors.
HTML and PDF Report Type: Page Detail
The Page Detail report is an overview of pages, errors, and alerts that includes a list of page details (sorted by pages with the highest number of detected errors).
HTML and PDF Report Type: Result Detail
The Result Detail report is a customizable report that can be configured to include specific result types (examples: image-related results only, or empty link errors only).
For the user-selected result types, the Result Detail report will include an overview of errors and alerts as well as a list of those results in detail.
The Results Detail report also includes detailed result information, including what it means, why it matters, and how to fix it.
In addition each individual result instance will have detailed information showing which page it occurred on, relevant text (such as alternative text or heading text), and the html of the element.
Report Format: CSV
CSV (comma separated value) reports are generated in the .csv file format. Unlike PDF and HTML reports that have a 1000 row limit on result and page details, there is no limit to csv rows. CSV reports can be configured to include three types of reports:
- Summary – includes separate .csv files for Most Common Errors, Overview, and Website Summary
- Page Detail – includes separate .csv files for Most Common Errors, Overview, Website Summary, and Website Page Summary
- Result Detail – includes separate .csv files for Included Results, Included Websites, and an individual .csv file for each result included in the report
Report Format: PDF
PDF (.pdf) reports have the same options and features as HTML reports, but are generated as PDF files. For more information on PDF report options, see Report Format: HTML
Additional Reporting Options and Information
Additional report options and information to take note of:
- Co-branding – When co-branding is activated within your organization settings menu, you are able to upload your organization logo to show along side the Pope Tech logo. If set, this logo will also appear on all emailed and downloaded accessibility reports.
- Email Settings – In the organization settings menu, users may choose to customize the subject and body of the emailed accessibility reports.
- Region reporting – For organizations with regions turned on, reports will have the option to select a region specific report. Options include Template, Content, All, or None. Template and Content only reports will show that they are Template Only or Content Only reports.
- Both reports and web page HTML are stored for 30 days from the time of report/scan. Reports can be retrieved via email links or through the Accessibility Reports portion of the dashboard. If you wish to view a report that is expired you can do so by regenerating the report using the same data as the original.
- Result Detail reports are limited to the first 1,000 results for PDFs and 10,000 results for HTML reports. If you wish to retrieve a comprehensive detail report, use the CSV Page Detail or CSV Result Detail options.
- Link back to dashboard – When an emailed accessibility report is sent to a Pope Tech user, there will be a link to view the report in greater detail in the Pope Tech dashboard. The dashboard is your most powerful reporting tool in understanding your website’s accessibility issues, how to solve them, as well as a great resource to learn more about how accessibility impacts your end-users.